Friday, February 27, 2015

Got a cool last assignment today the property was gonna have a S'more session at one of the fire pits and needed some sticks.They had some one footers thats way to short for Mallow roasting...with the use of Musk-oxen mind pwer I suggested I went and Got some Propper Sticks(Waved hand) My Boss said Hey why don't you go and fetch some proper sticks...I said That's a grand Idea...
And mounted my trusty EZGO!

Weather Freezy, sleety,I soaked from the days work
Thermos Check
WSK Beck Check
The thought I was going out of the normal AO was invigorating...


Got to one of the lakes and did a quick check of the area...
Found a stove part and a Trident Pitch fork...One less thing More on that later...





I gather the good straight'ns and after a little 90* scrape with the Beck all little knots and nubs removed I used a cheap stainless rapala bait knife I carry to sharpen the points actual since I usedthe Beck all day on some pretty nasty woods and hadn't had a chance to clean'er up...

I used Red Bud suckers for some and the Larger were willow with a couple of tip arrangements...they should work fine for the guest It was quick work but I will be doing more Im sure soon.one of the little perks of the on coming summer as well(Musk-Oxen mind power has administered a sleeper thought of -ghosty voice- how about a singing cowboy,camfire presentation, naturalist, survival instructor dude...with a beard at the fire for the guest...More on that as well soon lol




Heres the way I left them for the Rec People to find tomorrow...The gust are gonna realy like the Hiking sticks as well lol more on that later

The old foreground UNSAT...
Centre
Willow De-LUX and budget model Redbud Version .01


Enjoy your Mallows and S'Mores folks
Your pal the Yodel'n Woodsman

No comments:

Post a Comment